International Women In Engineering DayJune 14, 2023
Blackhill QuarrySeptember 24, 2023
What is sustainability at Ischebeck Titan?
Sustainability is a fundamental value at Ischebeck Titan, and is always at the core of our operations. With a commitment to environmental responsibility, waste reduction, and nurturing long-lasting relationships with customers and suppliers, this value has helped support our strong, consistent growth in the UK since 1990.
So, what does and doesn't sustainability mean to us at Ischebeck Titan? Find out what our Our View On Sustainability is below.
What does it mean to us?
- Long-Lasting Business Relationships with Clients and Customers: At Ischebeck Titan, we understand that sustainability isn't achieved in isolation. We actively build and nurture long-lasting relationships with customers, suppliers and business partners, collaborating to develop sustainable solutions and processes tailored to each of their specific needs. By understanding the unique goals of each of our partners, we work closely with them throughout the project lifecycle, providing expert guidance and support to achieve the best possible outcomes with sustainable decisions at the core.
- Employee Retention and Development: Ischebeck Titan firmly believes that sustainability starts from within, with its employees as the driving force. We invest in retaining our people by creating a supportive working environment, providing opportunities for professional growth and development, whilst also promoting a healthy work-life balance. By prioritising our employees' well-being and job satisfaction, we've built a dedicated and motivated workforce, ensuring continuity in sustainable practices and providing the best possible services to our valued customers.
- Minimising waste in designs, operations and delivery: We understand the vital importance of minimising waste for a sustainable future. That's why we integrate sustainable design principles into our products, emphasising optimal usage, efficient energy consumption, and reduced waste. In our office operations, we implement strategies to minimize paper usage through digital documentation, and electronic communication. We embrace sustainable office practices such as recycling, and energy-efficient lighting, and to foster a sustainable work culture that extends beyond our construction sites.
What does it not mean?
- We make reactionary, last-minute decisions....With sustainability at our core, we make sure that all of our decisions are made with thought and consideration for how each decision impacts all of our stakeholders and the environment. We never make a decision without careful consideration for the outcomes of our actions and believe this ethos has, and will continue to help us build a strong business we're proud of.
- We think only about fulfilling short-term requirements at the expense of long-term growth and stability. As we are proud of where we are as a business today, we want to maintain the health and positive growth of the business by focusing on our long-term growth and not by making 'Quick Win' decisions that may detrimentally impact any aspect of our business in the future.
- We ignore procedures and safe working practices to get the job done. While we take pride in being able to work to tight deadlines and deliver a high-quality, market-leading service, we never ignore procedures or jeopardies levels of safety. We never ignore procedures, in any area of the business and always ensure that all of the correct practices, methods and guidelines are followed. The safety of everyone directly and indirectly involved with our business is one of our top priorities and one that we pride ourselves on.
In conclusion, sustainability is deeply ingrained in our values and practices. We prioritize building enduring relationships with our clients, suppliers, and business partners, collaborating to develop tailored sustainable solutions. Recognising that our employees are instrumental in driving sustainability, we invest in their retention, development, and well-being.
Waste reduction is a crucial aspect of our approach, reflected in our product design and office operations. We make thoughtful decisions, avoiding reactionary and short-term thinking, while always prioritizing safety and adherence to procedures. Through these principles, Ischebeck Titan is proud to contribute to a sustainable future for us all.