Formwork Design Technician
Are you looking to develop your career and progress in a successful business?
A market-leading Engineering SME, we are well known throughout the construction industry as innovators in formwork, falsework, and geotechnical solutions and we have an excellent opportunity for a Design Technician to join our team.
A Formwork Design Technician will :
- Produce design drawings, calculations, and material call-offs under the supervision of their line manager.
- Carry out checks on their own designs before offering to their Team Leader for checking and approval.
- Check other team members’ preliminary drawings only at the request of the Team Leader.
- Develop their CAD skills and adopt the latest software and techniques utilized by the design office.
- As requested by the Team Leader/Senior Engineer liaise as required between the sales force and the client.
- Visit sites and offer on-site assistance as requested by your Team Leader.
- Improve your Design Capabilities and attend any training required as determined by Senior Design Staff.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of industry standards and construction techniques.
- Have knowledge of all Ischebeck/Inform formwork products and how to design each system.
- Assist with the day to day training of formwork trainees in your team.
The candidate should hold a minimum HNC/ HND in Civil Engineering, it would be desired if they had a degree in Civil Engineering. Other desirable attributes would be having experience with using Autocad 2D and Revit. As well as structural software analysis programs. They should be a good communicator and work well within a team.
Our company culture drives innovation, passion, and growth. We work with excellent clients and suppliers, and our teams are world-class. We are always looking to develop and grow. If you are looking to work in a company that forward-thinking and have the tenacity, drive, and passion then we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested, please apply to Poonam Bhatt – Poonam.email@example.com, with a brief application letter highlighting what you believe you could bring to the role and an up-to-date CV.